Emergency Ride Home
The Emergency Ride Home program is offered by some of the Outreach Partners in the Sacramento region. Talk to your employer or contact one of our Outreach Partners to find out if you are eligible to take advantage of this great program. Below is more information about the program.
To use this feature, register or login today!
Your Outreach Partner will cover the entire cost for a taxi or
rental car, up to 6 times a year, under the following
- An immediate family member has an emergency
- A serious problem arises at your child's school or daycare
- Fire or burglary damages your home
- You are sick and can't wait for your normal ride home
- Your carpool or vanpool partner has an emergency
and you have no way to get home
- Unscheduled, supervisor-approved overtime
- Your commute bicycle broke down today and
can not be repaired
at your work site.
- Unexpected severe weather is preventing you
from cycling or walking home after work today.
You may NOT use the Emergency Ride Home program for
the following reasons:
- Personal errands
- Medical or dental appointments
- Building evacuations
- Business travel
- Job related injuries
- A natural disaster (floods)
- Transit problems (the transit provider is
responsible for providing another bus or train)
- Missed bus, carpool or vanpool ride home
- Other reasons deemed invalid by program administrator